A Stress Test will take place Saturday, August 6th! There will be limited server capacity compared to our major playtests, but it is open to all players! To any of our players who are unable to participate due to the nature of testing times we do appreciate your patience and we ask that you continue to bare with us! You can find the necessary playtest info and times below. Don't forget to check out our Patreon!, which comes with some cool customization rewards, not to mention a key for early access!
July 30th Post-Test Report from Oki (Lead Dev)
The server side movement (simulating 254 player's inputs at 60hz) didn't go well, lowering the performance heavily on server side.
On the first hotfix, the server side simulation was slightly more optimized, however this time the desyncs increased in severity.
On the second hotfix, the movement has reverted to hybrid model where the client/server side are combined.
At the start of the playtest, the sudden traffic increase on Europe servers triggered the firewall and started blocking actual users. We also received DDOS attacks (ICMP and Fragmented UDP Flood attacks), so we'll be working on building a custom DDOS firewall specific to BattleBit in the near future. Still working on getting this sorted for early access so we don't deal with it at launch, or post-launch.
Overall, it wasn't the smoothest playtest.
Game development cycle has it's own ups and downs however, quick feedback from community helped a lot delivering those hotfixes as fast as possible so thank you guys ❤️.
Set a Steam Reminder here
North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia
Supported Match Sizes:
- 127 v 127 (254 players)
- 6:30am - 9:30am (Pacific Daylight Time)
- 7:30am - 10:30am (Mountain Daylight Time)
- 9:30am - 12:30pm (Eastern Daylight Time)
- 1:30pm - 4:30pm (Greenwich Mean Time)
- 2:30pm - 5:30pm (British Summer Time)
- 9:30pm - 12:30am (China Standard Time)
- 10:30pm - 1:30am (Japan Standard Time)
- 11:30pm - 2:30am (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
- I've never played before, how do I join?
- Head to our store page, and click "Request Access", it should be granted instantly! A Steam account created before 2022 is necessary to connect for playtesting.
- I already have playtest access, do I need to sign up again?
- Nope, welcome back!
- Some of your tests use a different build, do I need a code for this?
- No, the main branch is fine!
- Is streaming/recording allowed?
- Sure! Just keep in mind this is still in-development.
- Where do I report bugs, or other issues?
- We would greatly appreciate it if you'd share with us over on our Discord, but if for whatever reason that is not possible, feel free to make use of our Steam Community!
If you're unable to play in this test, don't worry, there will be more! Over time they will become more accessible in duration, eventually leading back to full day tests. We hope to see you there!
Stay up-to-date and in touch with us on Discord and Twitter. If you're interested in watching live development, check out TheLiquidHorse on Twitch. If you'd like to further support the development of the game, check us out on Patreon!